This non-traditional scholarship (not for college credits or to supplement living expenses)is offered by members of the Fort Atkinson Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to provide a grant to local girls and women to help meet an educational, cultural, leadership, or professional advancement need. It is administered by the Fort Atkinson Community Foundation. Award amounts will fall between $100 and $700.
The application process for this scholarship will be conducted bi-annually during the following periods:
February 1 – March 15
with award recipients notified by May 10
August 1 – September 15
with award recipients notified by November 10
- Applicants must be girls (10 years of age or older) or women who are pursuing a program or class that can be completed within one year.
- Applicant’s proposed class or program should fall into one of the following areas:
- Professional advancement
- Applications must be girls or women who are at least 10 years of age, who live, work or attend school in the Fort Atkinson School District.
NOTE: Please email us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection and Award:
- Selection will be based on the applicant’s essay, letter(s) of recommendation, quality of the project or goal, and financial need.
- Recommended selections must be approved by the Board of Directors of the Fort Atkinson Community Foundation.
- Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the program, organization or institution, and not to the recipient directly.
All applications must include the following:
- Required: A completed online application (download). If you would prefer, you can print out and mail in an application. Please send it to: AAUW, Grants for Gals, PO Box 624, Fort Atkinson WI 53538
- Required: At least one letter of recommendation, from a non-family member. It will be helpful to your letter writer(s) if you provide the criteria (listed in the previous section) for this grant to them.
- Required:One written or video essay by the applicant describing how the grant will be used, why it’s needed, and how it will impact the recipient and/or community.
- Optional: Applications can also include a CV or resume. Financial need-based merits can also be considered.